- About Us
- Contact Us
Mrtp Act and Competition Act – Difference
Following are the important differences between the MRTP Act, 1969 and Competition Act, 2002:
1) MRTP Act is based on the pre-liberalization scenario whereas Competition Act is based on the post liberalization scenario.
2) MRTP Act emphasizes on curbing monopolies whereas Competition Act emphasizes on promoting competition.
3) MRTP Act provides for compulsory registration of agreements relating to restrictive trade practices whereas in Competition Act, there is no such requirement of registration of agreements.
4) Under Competition Act, dominance per se is not bad but only the abuse of dominance is considered bad whereas under the MRTP Act, dominance itself is bad.
5) Combinations are not regulated by MRTP Act whereas they are regulated by Competition Act.
6) MRTP Act does not vest MRTP Commission power to inquire into cartels of foreign origin in a direct manner whereas the Competition Act seeks to regulate them.
Act acts Banking Law Business law companies Act companies act 2013 Company Company Act Company Law Company Secretary COPRA corporate decided cases economic Economic & Labour Law FEMA format free legal Free Legal Advice general commercial law General Meeting international trade Kind of Meeting Labour Law law act Law Information Law Information online laws Laws Acts laws and acts legal legal advice legal help Legal Services new companies act Registration resolution SCRA SEBI Securities Securities Law shares stock exchange Type of Resolution