Petition for the Winding Up [Section 439]


Who may petition for the win ding up [Section 439]


An application for the winding up of a company has to be made by way of petition to the Court A petition may be presented under Section 439 by any of the following persons :-

(A)  The Company.

(B)  Any creditor or creditors, including any contingent or prospective creditor.

(C)  Any contributory or contributories.

(D)  All or any of the parties specified above in clauses (A), (B), (C), whether together or separately.

(E)   The Registrar of Companies.

(F)   Any person authorized by the Central Government in the case falling u/s 243, i.e., following upon a report of inspectors.